Leading Edge Recovery Advice For Frustrated Athletes and Fitness Fanatics, Being Given Away Today By Top Professional Sports Physical Therapists…
“Here’s How ANY Injured Active Person Can End The Frustration Of Being Left Behind Or In-Active, AND Even Put A Stop To The ‘FEAR’ That So Often Comes After Injury, And NOT Being 100% Sure If You’re Even Fit Enough Do It!!"
If you or someone you know has sustained an injury or has been suffering with an injury during or after a workout for a while now, then you are probably feeling pretty bad about not being able to participate. It can be very tempting to simply "wait and see" if it heals or have been told to just rest 6 weeks and it will get better...
Or maybe you feel down because you are "stuck", wanting to get back, but feel lost or wondering if you will ever be able to get back to working out and stay active like you used to be.
If you feel like this, we are here to tell you that you are not alone. We see people all the time who have the same feelings and simply want to get back to playing their sport. That's why our clinic stays busy with people wanting to get back to their active lifestyle.
On top of that, we have spent a combined 40 years in the sports realm treating athletes that ranged from high school sports to recreational league enthusiast to professional level athletes. And when someone would get hurt on our teams, we started treatment immediately the next day.
This mindset is completely opposite of how most to people think today when it comes to injuries. The faster you get treatment, usually the faster your recovery is. You are able to eliminate the stiffness quickly, decrease the pain almost immediately, and get you on the road to recovery. So, when you do not respond appropriately to a an injury, you leave yourself suffering with the injury and wondering:
"It's been a month now... So why am I still suffering with this injury that is also keeping me from being active and participating in the WOD?"
So many people think that their injury is "not that bad" and it will get better with just a little rest and they will quickly be able to exercise again. But when they do go back to exercising again, they are restricted or limited, which can make things even worse than when it first happened. You see, most people will have little to no pain when they rest... And then when you start back up, the pain comes back. And no matter how much you rest it, it doesn't seem to get any better.
Does That Sound Like You?
Here is another scenario we see all the time in our clinic... People go to see the doctor and the doctor tells them rest, wear a brace or splint, "take these painkillers" to "see how it goes" - And then come back in 6 weeks... Only to return to the same doctor because it hasn't really improved, and given MORE rest and ANOTHER prescription for strong medication.
This issue is that most of the injuries out there (like ankle sprains, painful knees with squatting, or shoulder injuries with either pull ups or Olympic weightlifting), complete REST is rarely the best way to recover quickly.
So maybe you are a bit confused, or even frustrated, because you've been told so many different things. Maybe you have looked up information on the internet and feel more confused by the amount of info that is out there, because you don't want to do the wrong thing - making your injury even worse!
These injuries can be quite confusing because more often than not, the source of your pain is coming from elsewhere. What you believe is the injured area, is only the "VICTIM" and not the TRUE cause of your pain. If you don't fix this issue, the problem will continue to show itself... again and again. And if you rest too long, then more problems come about and complicate the whole injury.
The confusion about "REST" often leads people to delay in making a decision about what to do to help fix their injury and get back to your WOD quickly. What's even worse, is that some people just end up "accepting" that their days of lifting weights or working out are all over... Like this is normal and the way it has to be.
Is This How You Feel Too?
If You Are Currently Frustrated And Living With An Injury, Here Are 8 Reasons Why It Could Be Taking Longer To Return:
- You thought it would go away on its own... but it didn’t.
- You went to the Doctor who told you to just rest and take painkillers - but the pills did not do anything to help your injury, and as soon as they wore off, chronic pain struck again.
- A family member, or friend, told you that everybody who lifts weights gets hurt, especially as they get older, so it should just be accepted.
- You tried other Healthcare Professionals, or a Physical Therapist in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help very much.
- You tried Googling "How to recover from..." and have used YouTube videos to do exercises but they either didn’t do a thing, or perhaps made your pain much worse.
- You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your injury was so bad, but all that did was make it feel worse!
- You thought using a brace or tape would alleviate your pain for good, but that won't get to the underlying cause of the problem.
- You decided to get a few “massages” or “acupuncture/cupping” hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel better temporarily, and didn’t do anything to fix it long term.
If any of these have ever happened to you, we would love to help you and invite you to book in a call to talk with one of our sports injury specialists at our Encinitas Physical Therapy Clinic to find out what can be done to help your specific problem.
And here is some good news for you...
Because you may have tried any or all of the things we list above, it is actually a GOOD THING. The good thing is that we will be able to determine what doesn’t work... making you closer to finding the thing that does!
Well, here's 4 things you can do:
- 1. First things first, you need to make a decision about getting proper help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that pain will "just go away with time," but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it. Worst off... nothing has really changed… Or it gets worse.
- 2. Next, you need to do the RIGHT exercises. One of the best things that we do to help you ease your pain is to do the right SERIES of progressed exercises. The right exercises given to you by a Physical Therapist will help ease pain, and allow you to quickly move more freely again. We make sure that the problems don’t come back anytime soon or aggravate your pain anymore, like some exercises will do. How does that sound?
- 3. You will want to avoid "RESTING TOO MUCH". The irony is that rest is usually the worst thing you can do for injuries... especially for too long. Have you ever tried to get up from the couch after resting for a while, only to find that it is painfully difficult because of stiffness and tightness? One of the absolute worst things you can ever do that slows the recovery process is sit for prolonged periods of time or rest in the same position for more than 30 minutes at a time. If you rest too much, you will feel that stiffness and tightness. It would really help if you were given the appropriate strengthening exercises for improving your strength, combined with the appropriate hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
- 4. You need to get some real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy treatment. Physical Therapy is proven to help people with pain. In fact, at LEVEL4 wee see these injuries all the time. If your injury is stopping you from being active or playing your sport, affects your job, if it threatens your independence or gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends, the Physical Therapist can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the Physical Therapy team at LEVEL4 in Encinitas can help you live with less pain, then we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment at our clinic:
Note: This Free Taster Session is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or skeptical about Physical Therapy, they are unsure of its benefits or if they don't know if it's right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free taster session so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done. This is a great way to start without any financial risk on your part.
So the next question is...
“How Can Choosing to See a Physical Therapy Specialist at LEVEL4 Help You Get Rid of Your Injury For Good?”
Here’s just a few of the things our Physical Therapy Team can do for you:
- We will thoroughly evaluate your injury - often inside 20 minutes and determine the root cause of your pain
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness, usually inside a couple of sessions
- Pain can “suck” you of energy and limit your ability to play your favorite sport, and we can help you get back to enjoying that fulfilling feeling again and return you to what you love safely
- We will ensure that your problem is addressed and “corrected” so you can heal properly. Then, we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises and/or stretches that will speed up your recovery
- We can help you put an end to needing to take all of those painkillers that are no good for your health long-term
- We can help you avoid dangerous surgery and painful injections
- We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s office or from making repeat visits only to be given more pills!
- We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that your injury has taken from you
- We can help you to finally walk normally, move more freely and give you confidence about what to do if you start to feel "your pain".
Basically, we can help you get back to living life free from daily, annoying and frustrating injuries during or after your workouts.
"Awesome people! I came in with a herniated disc a few months ago and feeling very frustrated and ready to give up. Dr. Oscar assured me that I could get back to doing the sport that I love. I trusted him and the process and did the work he prescribed. I learned a lot, feeling so much better, and am back to doing CrossFit - the sport I love. Thank you so much! Go and see the guys at Level4...they are the best!"Jeannie 43, Carlsbad, CA
"You think you can sort it out for yourself, it comes and goes, but there comes a point when you think, well, I’ve been missing out now for 6 weeks, I’ve got to go and do something to get it looked at properly. The Level4 team has helped solve my shoulder and knee problems and got me going again quicker than any other way I’ve tried."Dave 45, Encinitas
"I originally had an Achilles Tendon Injury…my Dad and my brother had previously been here at Level4 and told me to come…I’m so glad I did! I wasn’t getting anywhere with my first physical therapist under my insurance plan and now I’m back to doing everything I once could. I am really happy with everything the team at Level4 did for me. The whole staff is great and the service is excellent!"Amanda 48, Oceanside
"I’ve been doing CrossFit for 3 years now and love to keep fit, but have suffered from back, shoulder and other injuries…I’ve made the mistake in the past of leaving it too long but Dr. Oscar here always gets you back on track and repaired quickly – you’ve got to listen to what he says, you always feel positive with what they do and I like that they advise what you can be doing to prevent it happening again – Physical Therapy at Level4 always works for me."Elliott 48, Carlsbad
See more reviews
Click image for more