If you or someone you know has pain, stiffness or even an ache, it is not uncommon for people to think "If I ignore this, it will go away on it's own." It can be quite easy to think that the cause was from not sleeping properly, maybe from golf, lifting, or carrying something... Or that the stiffness you are experiencing is something you must live with because you are aging... and that is just what happens as you get older. Maybe you have done nothing at all (that you can recall)... but your pain just isn't getting any better.
If any of these describes you, we want you to know that you are not alone... And we hear our clients talk about these "feelings" and "thoughts" all the time. We see people who are in pain or just want to live a healthy lifestyle!
And when it comes to healthy living, everybody we see wants to know...
“Why is Massage Therapy Good For Me?”... or,
“What Can I Do To Help Me Keep A Healthy Lifestyle?"...
Most people think that when they get pain, it’s simply going to go away on it’s own. The hope is that they may wake up and the pain will have disappeared like Houdini, almost like it had never even occurred.
But then the pain returns and the same "hope" you had before to magically drive it away does not happen. Several months later you're still living with pain, which often gets worse than it was before.
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario that we see quite frequently in our Physical Therapy Clinic is when people go to the Doctor, and the Doctor tells them to just rest and “try these painkillers”... and “let's see how it goes". Does that sound familiar?
But wait... it gets even better! This approach rarely offers significant positive outcomes and after 6 weeks, you return to the Doctor because so little change has occurred. Now, the Doctor may refill your prescription pain pills. Remember, they did not do much in the first 6 weeks.
The irony really is, that the "wait and see" approach to treating pain is highly ineffective. It often causes more frustration because the passive approach does not work for most people. And then they tell you to rest some more or to order high-level imaging, like an MRI. And we wonder why we have such a problem with managing pain here! It's madness... and even borderline insanity (that we keep doing things the same way and expecting a different result each time). This can even explain why so many people aged 40+ are suffering with chronic pain.
Do You Feel That Way Too?
If you’re currently living with pain, here’s just 7 more reasons why it could be lasting longer than it should be:
- You thought it would go away on it’s own... but it didn’t
- You went to the Doctor who told you to just rest and take painkillers - but the pills did not do anything to help your pain, and as soon as they wore off, pain struck again
- A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets pain as they get older, so it should just be accepted
- You tried other Healthcare Professionals, or a Physical Therapist in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help very much
- You tried Googling for help and have used YouTube videos to do exercises but they either didn’t do a thing, or perhaps made your back pain much worse
- You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your back pain was so bad, but all that did was make it feel even more stiff and tight
- You thought using a brace would alleviate your pain for good, but that won't get to the underlying cause of the problem
If any of these have ever happened to you, we would love to help you and invite you to book in a call to talk with one of our massage therapy specialists at our Encinitas Physical Therapy Clinic to find out what can be done to help your specific problem.
And here is some good news for you...
Because you may have tried any or all of the things we list above, it is actually a GOOD THING. The good thing is that we will be able to determine what doesn’t work... making you closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to schedule a call with us... If you would like to get some really helpful advice given to you over the phone. The phone call is complementary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for your health.
“What Can I Do To Get Rid Of MY Pain Quickly And Feel Better?”...
Well, here's 4 benefits to massage therapy:
- First things first, massage therapy can loosen up stiffened and tight muscles. These can cause a lot of pain and having a massage therapy specialist work on them will help to relax them so you can ease some of your pain.
- Next, massage therapy reduces stress. One of the best things that we do to help you ease your stress is to switch off your brain and let the professional do all the work for you. You will leave your session with a clearer mind, feel less stressed, and ready to be more productive. How does that sound?
- Ease back pain. Have you ever tried to get up from the couch or your work chair after sitting for a while, only to find that it is painfully difficult because of stiffness and tightness? One of the absolute worst things you can ever do that adds to back pain is sit for prolonged periods of time or rest in the same position for more than 30 minutes at a time. If you rest too much, you will feel that stiffness and tightness. And sitting in awkward positions will also make your back feel the stiffness and tightness. It would really help if you were given the appropriate strengthening exercises for improving your posture, combined with the appropriate hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
- You need to get some real, “hands-on” massage therapy treatment from a team of specialists. Massage Therapy is proven to help people with pain. At LEVEL4 that's one of the most common reasons come see us. Massage therapy is part of our team approach to treating each individual. The truth is, our team works together to help you achieve the best outcome possible by developing a program to match your goals. If your pain is affecting your job, your ability to keep active, if it threatens your independence or gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends, then massage therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how Massage Therapy at LEVEL4 in Encinitas can help you live with less pain or stress and make you feel energized and excited about life, then we invite you to start with getting some more information from our clinic:
So the next question is...
“How Can Choosing to See a Massage Therapy Specialist at LEVEL4 Help You Get Rid of Your Pain... In The Next Few Days?”
Here’s just a few of the things our Team can do for you:
- We will thoroughly evaluate your pain - often inside 20 minutes and determine the root cause of your pain.
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness, usually inside a couple of sessions.
- Pain can “suck” you of energy and limit a peaceful night's sleep, we can help you enjoy sleeping again and live with more energy each day.
- We provide an environment so you can heal properly, both mentally and physically.
- We can help you put an end to needing to take all of those painkillers that are no good for your health long-term.
- We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that back pain has stolen from you.
- We can help you to finally get a good night’s sleep without tossing and turning trying to find that one position that feels right.
- We can help you to be able to walk longer than 20 minutes and be able to sit more comfortably... without your back feeling weak and painful or like it is going to "go out".
- We can help you to feel less stressed by letting our team "pamper" you so you can ultimately be more productive in life.
- We can help you to leave feeling better than when you walked in and happy to see you leave with a smile on your face.
Basically, we can help you get back to living life free from the curse of chronic back pain.
Areas That Benefit From Massage Therapy
Here are just some of the areas that can benefit from Massage Therapy.
- Low back
- Neck / Shoulder
- Wrist / Hand
Hear From Happy Clients of LEVEL4
"My primary doctor said I needed back surgery after failed physical therapy treatments with my "in-network" insurance provider - I refused and a friend told me about LEVEL4. Dr. Oscar explained to me what was causing my back pain in about the first 3-4 minutes of seeing him. To my amazement, my back felt 50% better after the first visit alone... They spent 60 minutes working on my achy muscles and then giving me the right exercises for me. Don’t make the mistake I did, just go work with the team at LEVEL4 ASAP to get you back quickly."Kelly 32, Vista
"I wish I’d made the decision to go and see the team at Level4 earlier because they got me active, pain free and playing golf again for the first time in 10 years. The massage therapy specialist would work so well on my tired and sore muscles that I didn't ever want them to stop... And I felt amazing, ready to hit the links. Thank you!"Brent 57, Rancho Santa Fe
See more reviews
Click image for more