If you’re living with an irritating rotator cuff injury, that is painful or that is achy, or it goes into your shoulder and arm area, then it is very easy to think that it’s “just something that comes with your age”, it is a bit of “wear and tear”, or that it’s nothing and it will just go away on its own.
You can’t quite put your finger on why you’re feeling pain in your shoulder - but it does not seem to be getting any better!
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone - we hear this type of thing all the time. The simple fact is that rotator cuff injuries are a pretty common problem that we see in our physical therapy clinic in Encinitas.
And when it comes to living with a rotator cuff injury and shoulder pain, everybody we see wants to know the answers to these simple questions:
"Why is This Happening to Me?"
“Why Am I Still Suffering After 6 Months With The Same Rotator Cuff injury That Keeps Getting Worse After Putting Up With It?”...
Most people think that when they get shoulder pain from a rotator cuff injury, it will eventually “ease off” and go away on its own. Or that they will wake up one morning and this elusive pain will have magically disappeared… rotator cuff pain will be a thing of the past… But then 6 months later you are still living with daily discomfort and pain. Maybe sleeping is becoming even more difficult. And the pain is often even worse than it was when it first came on.
Does That Sound Like Something You Have Experienced?
Another scenario we often see in our physical therapy clinic is that when people go to the doctor, and the doctor tells them to rest and “try these painkillers”, waiting to “see how it goes”. Many others are told “you need a cortisone injection” to find out they only get a short-term relief - if any at all. Then 6 weeks goes by, they end up returning to the same doctor again because it hasn’t got any better, only to be given another prescription of even stronger pills or told to go see a surgeon.
Has It Ever Happened To You?
Many people are often confused by the pain and limitations because they’ve been told so many different things, by multiple people. Perhaps you think you have a neck problem - but did you know that it could very well be your shoulder where the problem is? I know… that can be a challenging way of connecting the body and it can be quite confusing. But that is how the body works. That’s why we went to school so that we can figure out where the issues are and we treat that. This often leads people to procrastinate because they can’t sort it out. And ultimately, they put off making a decision about what to do to help fix their rotator cuff injury. What’s even worse is that many people just end just accepting it as ‘part of life’ - as if it’s normal, or as if it “has” to be that way.
Is This How You Feel Too?
If You’re Currently Living With A Rotator Cuff Injury, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
- You thought it would go away on its own - but it didn’t.
- You went to the Doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers - but the pills did nothing significant to help, and as soon as they wore off, the shoulder pain struck again.
- A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets a rotator cuff injury and shoulder pain as they get older, so you just accepted it.
- You sought out help from other Healthcare Professionals or a Physical Therapist in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help.
- You’ve tried using things at home like ice or heating pads, and maybe other practitioners have used ultrasound or TENS but they’ve done nothing to help make the pain better.
- You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your shoulder pain was so bad, but it still irritates you daily.
- You decided to get a few “massages” or acupuncture hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel nice and relaxing, and didn’t do anything to fix it long term…
If any of these have happened to you, then we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our rotator cuff injury and shoulder pain experts at our clinic to find out what can be done to help you.
The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work and you are closer to finding the few things that does!
Click the button below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you for FREE over the phone. The phone call is complementary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best to end the limitations due to your rotator cuff injury and shoulder pain.
The next thing people ask us all the time is this:
"What Can You Do To Heal Your Rotator Cuff Injury and Get Rid Of Shoulder Pain?"
Well, here's 4 things you can do:
- First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that the pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 to 8 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or it gets worse.
- Next, do the RIGHT exercises - one of the best things to help you ease heal your rotator cuff injury or shoulder pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises - the right exercises given to you by a Physical Therapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quick - and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
- Avoid sitting and sleeping in awkward positions with being aware of your posture – Have you ever woken up with a painful shoulder? Or, after a long day spent sitting felt tightness in your shoulders? That’s because one of the worst things you can do that adds to shoulder pain is sitting with bad posture and sleeping in awkward positions. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatments, so you can get active and healthy as quickly as possible.
- Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy Treatment - Physical Therapy is proven to help people with rotator cuff injuries and shoulder pain. In fact, at LEVEL4 it’s one of the most common issues we see. If your rotator cuff injury is affecting your job, if your sleep is disturbed by tightness or tension in your shoulder, if it stops you from keeping active, or if it threatens your independence and gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends - Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how our Physical Therapy team at LEVEL4 and how we can help you live with less shoulder pain, then we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free discovery session at our clinic in Encinitas:
Note: This Free Discovery Session is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or skeptical about Physical Therapy, they are unsure of its benefits or if they don't know if it's right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free discovery session so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done. This is a great way to start without any financial risk on your part.
So the next question is...
How Can Choosing to See a Physical Therapist at LEVEL4, Help You Solve Your Rotator Cuff Injury and Get Rid of Shoulder Pain for Good?
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness and we can definitely clean up the dysfunction in a couple of sessions.
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your rotator cuff injury and shoulder pain once and for all - often inside 20 minutes.
- Pain can “zap” you of energy and limit a peaceful night’s sleep - we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day.
- We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly - and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery.
- We can help you put an end to needing to take all of those painkillers which are obviously not very good for your long-term health.
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your rotator cuff injury and shoulder pain once and for all.
- We can help you avoid dangerous rotator cuff and shoulder surgery - and painful injections.
- We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room...
- We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that shoulder pain has taken from you...
- We can help you to finally get a good night’s sleep without tossing and turning trying to find that one position that feels right.
- Basically… the Physical Therapy team at LEVEL4 can help you get back to living life free from daily, annoying and chronic rotator cuff injury and shoulder pain.
If you want to know what it costs - and what availability we have at our clinic in Encinitas, then please just click the button below and complete the short form:
Conditions You May Have Heard Of
Have you been told you have any of the following conditions?
- Shoulder strain
- Shoulder impingement
- Rotator cuff tendonitis / tendinosis
- Rotator cuff tear (full and partial)
- Labral injury
- Biceps tendonitis
- Biceps tendinosis
- Subscapular Bursitis
- Post-Surgical Rehab
Do NOT live victim to the diagnosis! You certainly may have one of these conditions, but it doesn't mean that it is the source of your pain. It also does not mean that you need expensive imaging to confirm this condition. In fact, more people have similar issues, but have little to no pain and function actively without limitations.
"I was a bit frightened about going at first but after the treatments I received at LEVEL4 I was able to surf again without shoulder pain for the first time in almost a year following my initial rotator cuff injury. I originally tried my "in-network" insurance for two and a half months and I knew something was wrong because I still couldn't get my hand higher than my shoulder. A family member recommended LEVEL4 but I was a bit skeptical about trying physical therapy again. But within several sessions Dr. Oscar got me moving my arm overhead. I wish I’d made the decision to go and see the team at LEVEL4 earlier because they got me active, pain free, and surfing again within weeks."Daniel 41, Encinitas, CA
"I was a bit nervous, no fearful of trying physical therapy at first for my rotator cuff injury because I expected it was going to be painful. I made the mistake of letting it go on for so long that it got so bad I couldn't sleep on my painful shoulder. But honestly, the team at LEVEL4 is made up of happy, friendly, and gentle people. Their unique and gentle hands on treatment approach combined with specific exercises worked very well for me. They have taught me the correct exercises and stretches to perform to avoid a future rotator cuff injury. I am now back to playing volleyball and exercising pain free again. So, if your also fearful of starting physical therapy like I was, don't be. You won't regret your decision. All in all, the physical therapists at LEVEL4 are the best!"Claire 43, Carlsbad, CA
"LEVEL4 PT was highly recommended to me after I had a rotator cuff injury. Upon arriving at LEVEL4, I was immediately cared for in a professional manner to help relieve the intense pain. During my PT, they also alleviated the pain I was experiencing in my neck for the past fews years from another injury. I am so happy to be completely pain free and also got my shoulder mobility back. I encourage anyone to visit LEVEL4 PT before anything else! Thank you again to the whole team."Melissa 50, Coronado, CA
"At first I thought with time my shoulder pain would go away, and then I realized it wasn't going to work. I wish I'd come to see the specialists at LEVEL4 much sooner because they made it so easy to start feeling better again after the first visit. Don't do what I did and wait! Go and see the guys at LEVEL4...they are the best!"Louise 48, Solana Beach, CA
See more reviews
Click image for more