Dr. Chris Ingstad
DPT, OCS, MTC, ATC, FAAOMPT
Dr. Chris Ingstad
Dr. Chris Ingstad is a physical therapist, educator, author, and Co-Founder of Level 4 Physio, Wellness & Performance. He is known as a leading spinal / shoulder and sports performance enhancement specialist in the San Diego area. He has treated athletes and patients of all ages, shapes, and sizes; and has been doing so for the last decade. His passion for helping people started early in his career, even prior to becoming a physical therapist. He graduated from California State University, Dominguez Hills where he also was a starting pitcher. He then continued for 2 years playing semi-professionally for the Clarinda, Iowa A’s. As an educator and published author, his areas of interest include rehabilitation of overhead throwing athletes and sport-related spinal, ankle and knee injuries and prevention.
Chris understands that physical therapy requires treating the entire person as an individual with their own concerns and restrictions. As a professional treating in the sports realm for over 15 years, he realizes there is still a significant gap that exists in the current medical model with an athlete’s rehabilitation clinically and their return to sport. So, he attempts to bridge this gap with all who require it.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences, St. Augustine, FL
- Bachelor of Arts in Physical Education / Athletic Training, CSU Dominguez Hills, Carson, CA
CREDENTIALS / CERTIFICATIONS
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS) by the American Physical Therapy Association
- Fellow (FAAOMPT) of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy
- Manual Therapy Certified (MTC) by the University of St. Augustine
- Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) by the National Athletic Training Association
- Certified Clinical Instructor (CCI) by the American Physical Therapy Association
- Medical Team Member – International Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Federation (IBJJF)
- Professor – University of St. Augustine in the Doctoral Physical Therapy Program
- Cycling / Triathlon
- Hiking / Camping
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Husband and father of 2 boys
Would You Like To To Find Out More?
Choose Which One Works Best For You...
Just click one of the buttons above and then fill out the simple form.