If you’re living with bad knees, that are painful or that are achy, then it is very easy to think that it’s “just something that comes with your age”, it is a bit of “wear and tear”, or that it’s nothing and it will just go away on its own.
You can’t quite put your finger on why you’re feeling pain in your knees - but it does not seem to be getting any better!
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone - we hear this type of thing all the time. The simple fact is that knee pain is one of the most common problems that we see in our physical therapy clinic in Encinitas.
And when it comes to living with this knee pain, everybody we see wants to know the answers to these simple questions:
"Why is This Happening to Me?"
“Why am I Still Suffering After 6 Months With the Same Knee Pain That Keeps Getting Worse After Putting up With it?”
Most people think that when they get knee pain, it will eventually “ease off” and go away on it’s own. Or that they will wake up one morning and this elusive knee pain will have magically disappeared… knee pain will be a thing of the past… But then 6 months later you are still living with the discomfort of knee pain. And it is often even worse than it was when it first came on.
Does This Sound Like You?
Another scenario we see all the frequently in our physical therapy clinic relates to when people go to their doctor, and the well-meaning doctor tells them to “rest”, “try these painkillers” and/or “come back in 6 weeks if it’s not better”. And then 6 weeks go by, but they end up going back to the same doctor again because it has not got any better. The only thing is this… they often give you, yet, ANOTHER prescription of even stronger pills, and maybe a knee support. We can do better than this!
Has This Ever Happened To You?
Maybe you are confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. Maybe you think you have to rest because you’ve been told walking makes knee pain worse, or that you should be doing ‘this exercise’ and ‘that exercise’ to make it better.
It can very confusing to know exactly what to do first when you have so many options. And when face with uncertainty of what will work, you will do what most people do… Which is do nothing! And that’s just to avoid making your knee pain worse!
And because of this confusion, people tend to procrastinate and put off making a decision about what to do to help fix their knee pain. This happens because they fear making the wrong decision (perhaps again). And what is even worse is that many people just end up just accepting it as “part of life”. It is not normal and does not have to be that way.
Is This How You Feel Too?
If You’re Currently Living With Knee Pain, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
- You thought it would go away on it’s own - but it didn’t
- You went to the doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers - but the pills did nothing to help, all they did was ‘mask’ the pain - and as soon as they wore off knee pain stopped you in your tracks again
- A family member or friend has told you that everybody gets knee pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
- You have sought help from other healthcare professionals or a physical therapist in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
- You have tried using knee braces but they’ve done nothing to help make the pain any better
- You thought it would be a good idea to rest because you experienced severe pain and swelling in your knees, but it still irritates you daily with even small things around the house or at work
- You have tried a few exercises from YouTube or Google, and they felt painful when you did them, and did nothing to really ease the knee pain
If any of these have happened to you, then we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our physical therapy experts at our clinic to find out what can be done to help you.
The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work and you are closer to finding the few thing that does!
Click the button below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you for FREE over the phone. The phone call is complementary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best to end the limitations due to knee pain.
Before we go on to show you how we can help, let us first make it abundantly clear we’re NOT like any of the other Physical Therapists out there and that includes the ones in the typical hospital and medical systems. We’d like to distance ourselves from them immediately and you should know upfront, that our advice is NOTHING like the advice given out by them or any General practitioner – quite simply because we’re Specialists in Private Outpatient Sports Physical Therapy and we’ve been working with and HELPING people in their 40’s through 70’s+, to recover from knee pain fast, on a DAILY basis, for more than a combined 40 years.
Rest assured…Everything we do IS personalized, specific AND specialized. That’s the kind of care that works BEST and what most people are hoping to find when they come to this page. We have plenty of TIME for you too. Ours is NOT like any GP’s or surgeons visit where you will feel rushed, never having chance to ask questions or leave feeling as though you weren’t fully understood. Your health and concerns are important to us and we do want to hear all about them.
Best, our goal is to help you recover from knee pain and get active again QUICKLY and NATURALLY. That means any solution that we provide, will NOT include a prescription for harmful painkillers or medication that in the end, do more harm than good because they are NEVER able to get close to the root cause of your knee pain.
Knee pain can be VERY life limiting, not to mention frustrating and the longer it is left untreated appropriately, the harder and more time it takes to resolve. And No!...It’s NOT your age and you DON’T just have to accept it like some GP’s seem to think you do.
“What Can I Do Today To Get Rid Of My Knee Pain Quickly?”
Well, here's 4 things you can do:
- First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people rest for weeks, hoping that the pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or the pain and swelling gets worse
- Next, do the RIGHT exercises - one of the best things to help you ease your Knee pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises - the right exercises given to you by a Physical Therapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quick - and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
- Avoid sitting in awkward positions - the truth is, you and I were not designed to sit. When you sit and bend your knees, you’re putting your knees in awkward, unnatural positions - which knees aren’t built to be in for too long. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
- Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy - Physical Therapy is proven to help people with Knee pain. In fact at LEVEL4 it’s one of the most common issues we see people aged 40+ living with. If your Knee pain is affecting your job, if it stops you from keeping active, or if it threatens your independence and gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends - Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the Physical Therapy team at LEVEL4 in Encinitas can help you live with less knee pain - we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free taster session at our clinic:
Note: This Free Taster Session is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or skeptical about Physical Therapy, they are unsure of its benefits or if they don't know if it's right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free taster session so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done. This is a great way to start without any financial risk on your part.
So the next question is...
“How Can Choosing to See a Physical Therapist at LEVEL4 Help You Get Rid of Your Knee Pain - In The Next Few Days?”
Here’s just a few of the things our Physical Therapy Team can do for you:
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness - often inside a couple of sessions
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your Knee pain once and for all - often inside 20 minutes
- Pain can “zap” you of energy and limit your ability to be active - we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day
- We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly - and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
- We can help you put an end to needing to take all of those painkillers which are obviously not very good for your health long-term
- We can help you get through the day without having to rely on wearing a knee support to help ease the pain
- We can help you avoid dangerous knee surgery - and painful injections
- We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room
- We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that knee pain has taken from you
- We can help you to finally return to walking up and down the stairs, and getting out and about without dull, aching knee pain stopping you in your tracks
- Basically… the Physical Therapy Team at LEVEL4 can help you get back to living life free from daily, annoying and chronic knee pain
If you want to know what it costs - and what availability we have at our clinics in Encinitas, then please just click the button below and complete the short form:
Conditions You May Have Heard Of
Have you been told you have any of the following conditions?
- Degenerative joint disease
- Knee arthritis
- Meniscal tear / injury
- Patella subluxation / dislocation
- Patella tendinitis / tendinosis
- Patellafemoral pain
- Ligament sprain / injury
- Post-surgical rehab
Do NOT live victim to the diagnosis! You certainly may have one of these conditions, but it doesn't mean that it is the source of your pain. It also does not mean that you need expensive imaging to confirm this condition. In fact, more people have similar issues, but have little to no pain and function actively without limitations.
Hear From Happy Clients of LEVEL4
"I was a bit skeptical about going at first but after the treatments I received at LEVEL4 I was able to play tennis again without a knee support and I'm now able to go up and down stairs without pain for the first time in 5 and a half years. I did have physical therapy someone else at first but the experience is nothing like here. I wish I came to LEVEL4 first rather than where my doctor referred me to - it was a waste of my time. I wish I knew about the team at LEVEL4 earlier because they got me active and pain free again within a few visits."Valerie 76, Poway, CA
"The team at LEVEL4 is made up of happy, friendly people. Their unique hands on treatments combined with specific exercises has always worked for me. All in all, the physical therapists at LEVEL4 are the best!"Claire 36, Carlsbad, CA
"Not sure why, but I waited months before going to see the LEVEL4 team. My knee just kept hurting when I was working or playing and running around with my kids. My first physical therapist that was covered under my insurance plan said he couldn’t help me because I needed surgery - I refused and a friend told me about LEVEL4. It was such a relief to find out what was wrong and Dr. Oscar told me that in about the first 3-4 minutes of seeing him. Don’t make the mistake I did, just go and get physical therapy with the team at LEVEL4 ASAP."Michelle 32, Vista, CA
"I tried various other osteopaths and chiropractors but they didn’t do much to help me…The LEVEL4 team got to the root cause of my knee problem and I’ve left feeling as happy and healthy as I have done in years."Carol 49, Del Mar, CA
See more reviews
Click image for more